Friday, July 27, 2012

Heavy heart.


My heart was heavy this morning.

I set out to finish working on my Inspired Paper collection (all kinds of paper goodness complete with beautiful scripture passages.)

And yet, I found myself completely overwhelmed when it came to the specific task at hand this morning. Design a sympathy card. Feel the weight of that task. Design something that's entire purpose is to encourage and comfort a person in pain. How do you effectively do that through paper & ink?

So, in need of inspiration I pulled out two boxes of cards that I have kept for almost 4 years now. When Aaden died, the daily trip to the mailbox was just about all that kept me going some days. From first hand experience, cards, letters, sweet notes of encouragement, and prayers of healing mean so much more than you could ever know.

I read through card after card this morning weeping at such a great loss.

I begged the Lord for encouragement in His Word and He led me to Psalm 55:22, 'Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.'

Thank you Lord for your gracious provision and power that sustains.


And just minutes ago my husband brought to my attention that an amazing couple that we have been praying miracles for are now facing the worst possible result. My heart is aching for them... aching for her. Such a great loss. All the while, we are still praying for a miracle in her body.

While Aaron was reading me the update, my heart was repeating, 'May You be glorified, may You be glorified...' And again I sought the Lord. I begged Him for answers. Such pain is too much to fathom.

He brought me to Psalm 95.


Oh come, let us sing to the Lord;
    let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!

Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving;
    let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!

For the Lord is a great God,
    and a great King above all gods.  

 In his hand are the depths of the earth;
    the heights of the mountains are his also.
The sea is his, for he made it,
    and his hands formed the dry land.

Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
    let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!

A sweet and tender reminder from the Lord that we are to praise Him and trust that 'In His hand' are all things. He is in control. He is faithful. And we praise Him.

...
Our prayers are with the Hurst family. We pray for hearts to be held by a God who knows deeply the pain of a loss so great. We pray for miraculous physical healing for Angie. We pray that you would hold Thomas as he leads his wife and children through such tragedy. We pray for their sweet boys, that You would keep their hearts tender toward You protecting them from fear, anger or bitterness. We pray that friends and family would surround them with comfort, encouragement and willingness to walk through the lifetime of healing to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...