Friday, July 22, 2011

Weekend Projects: Blank Canvases


What are you up to this weekend? 

I am hoping to finish a painting that I started last weekend. I am super excited about this little project. The paintings are for my master bedroom and will strongly resemble the gray/white chevron painting below. Our master bedroom needs some strong, masculine lines added to it and I think these paintings will do the trick. Hopefully I can do a little reveal next week... if I finish. :)


 {Chevron Painting by Me Oh My}

The above canvas was done with Doily Rub-Ons but you could easily create the same effect but in the reverse by laying down a paper doily, painting over it and the removing it to reveal the canvas color underneath.  I think a series of this dainty artwork would be perfect in a little girl's room.
{Doily Canvas by Hambly Screen Prints}

 So, you can buy these or I am thinking DIY. Blank canvas with wood chip letters spelling of a word(s) of your choice and then spray painting the entire thing a solid color. My color of choice? White.

 I am going to be making a little gem similar to this for my sister-in-law's new house. Her formal living room's walls are a beautiful gray (Granite Boulder by Behr - love that color!), the furniture is white and/or black. We thought yellow would be a perfect punch for the room. What do you think?
{hello yellow by decorista dreams}

I know this last one is not actually a canvas, but symbolically speaking it is a 'blank canvas'... 
and I love the pattern. And I love that it is a baking sheet. Really. That is genius.
 {Decorative Tray using baking sheets by Martha Stewart}

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...